- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
La Sagrada Familia
The first 200 words of this essay...
ENG 1010, CRN #80309
SEPT. 20, 2001
"La Sagrada Familia"
In 1998, a new church edifice opened to the public on the West Side of Cleveland, Ohio. The name of the new church is " La Sagrada Familia", translated means "Holy Family." This new church is the result of the merging of two smaller churches within the Hispanic community, San Juan Bautista and Cristo Rey. These two church bodies became one, to better serve the Hispanic community as a whole. Unfortunately, in the process of bringing these two entities together, much of the original spirit of the two individual churches was not carried over into the new church "family".
San Juan Bautista was a place that was well known by many in the Hispanic community. Outside of the Cleveland area, when one identified oneself as coming from Cleveland, the first question posed was "Are you a member of San Juan Bautista?" This church had a solid and respectable reputation within the Hispanic community. It was a church that was alive with the sense of "family." It was difficult to be a part of San Juan Bautista and not be known by
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Places of Worship (view all)
- Islamic Architecture
- Are all Christians Ministers?
- DESCRIBE THE VARIOUS WAYS IN, WHICH THE BIBLE IS USED BY CHR...
- Apartheid Law in South Africa
- The Church, A Christian Place of Worship.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student