- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Life after death
The first 200 words of this essay...
Life after death
Life after death is an essential part of the Christian religion. Jesus, the son of god, died on the cross and three days later he rose again from the dead, the resurrection. Hundreds of people saw him. This has given Christians the hope that when they die, they will live on in another place. Christians believe in heaven and hell. If a person lives a good moral life they can expect to get to heaven, when they die. If they live an immoral life then perhaps hell will be an alternative.
Then he said, "Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom." Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." Jesus was crucified with two thieves. One of the thieves, while dying on the cross asked Jesus to have mercy upon him when he died. Jesus told him that he would be in heaven that very day. This text is proof to Christians that heaven and life after death is something to hope for.
"Do not be worried and upset", Jesus told his followers. "Believe in god
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christmas (view all)
- "Christian Festivals have lost their Religious meaning&...
- The word disciple comes from the Latin word 'discipulus' mea...
- Describe a Mass in a Roman Catholic Church.
- "Being a disciple of Jesus must have a good effect on a...
- Ideas about the nature of discipleship in Mark's Gospel.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.