- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mohandas Gandhi, known as Mahatma Gandhi. Also known as Mahatma the great soul, was the "father of modern India". He originally came from Western India, a city called Porbandar. He was born on 2nd October 1869. Gandhi was on of the youngest of the three sons of Karamchand Gandhi, who was a Prime Minister successively in Porbandar, Rajkot and Vankaner States. Gandhi's mother was Putlibai, Karamchand Gandhi's fourth wife.
In 1876 he attended a primary school in Rajkot until the twelfth year. Later on he was engaged to Kasturbai. In 1881 Gandhi want on to do further education in a high school (in Rajkot). Two years later in 1883 he marries Kasturbai. In 1887 Gandhi joins Samaldas College at Bhavnagar (Kathiawar), but gives up studies at close of first term. After that he went to England to study Law. Which got him a job later on his life in South Africa.
The life and teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, who used non-violent resistance to persuade his people (in India) to seek freedom from British rule in the 1940s. Mahatma Gandhi did the salt march. Gandhi also tried as much as he could
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- R.S. Assessment - Comparing Hindu and Christian weddings
- What are the differences between the Hindu Creation Story an...
- Ancient Greek Medical Association Guide to the Asklepion Te...
- A Place of Hindu Worship - Describe the main features of a s...
- Biography of Mahatma Gandhi
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.