- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Outline the reasons why some beliefs about God mean that suffering poses particular problems for religious believers.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outline the reasons why some beliefs about God mean that suffering poses particular problems for religious believers
There are many reasons why suffering causes problems for religious believers. These reasons portray the negative problems about God and why this has an effect on religious believers. This shows problems for theists, as god is part of their everyday lives, which can question them to think about their religion.
"Either God cannot abolish evil, or he will not; if he cannot then he is not all powerful; if he will not then he is not all good"
This shows that not only theists have problems, it also conveys the atheists have a valid argument against God. This quote is from a theologian, Augustine.
There are many types of diverse problems that religious believers have to deal when considering evil and suffering in the world. There are two main types of evil. Moral evil is the man-made evil and Natural evil is evil, which is done naturally and cannot be stopped by man. Moral evil includes things such as, war and murdering. Although natural evil can be blamed for the existence of evil it is hard
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- A chronicle of a death foretold - Honor vs. Religion.
- Was Egyptian Medicine an important step forward?
- For what reasons may suffering cause philosophical problems ...
- How do the 10 commandments reflect Gods goodness and his wis...
- Hide and Seek - poetry analysis
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.