- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 1a: Explain what Christians believe about the death of Jesus
Question 1b: Explain what Christians believe about life after death
The central Christian belief is that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross means all people who follow him will have the opportunity of eternal life with God when they die. Many Christians believe they may go to heaven, hell or purgatory, depending on how well they have lived on earth. This belief is found in the Nicene Creed where it states 'We look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come'.
Heaven is viewed as a paradise where people will live with god. It is not clear whether people will go straight to heaven after death, or whether they will wait until the Day of Judgement. However, people who have not lived a good honest life on earth will be sent to hell. Christians teaching and opinions about hell have changed over time. At one time, hell was believed to be a place of fire and brimstone, where people would be eternally punished by the devil. Today many people think hell is simply a place where
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- To what Extent was Hitler’s Euthanasia policy a di...
- How does the playwright Brian Clark present the conflict bet...
- Christian views on suicide
- Discursive Essay:Euthanasia
- My hypothesis: Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK.I am...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.