- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
RE - Life after Death
The first 200 words of this essay...
1) What is immortality of the soul?
The immortality of the soul is the idea that the soul lives on after the death of the body. The immortality of the soul is believed in many religions and is also a key concept in many religions such as Christianity.
2) Choose a religion and outline teachings on life after death in that religion.
Many jews believe in the resurrection of the dead, indeed it is one of the Thirteen Principles of the Faith set out by Maimonides which all Jews are expected to believe. They believe that God will end this world when he decides to do so. Then he will create a new world and resurrect the dead. He will rebuild the city of Jerusalem and the temple and good Jews will live there for eternity. These beliefs are based on the teachings of the Tenakh and the Talmud and the Thirteen Principles.
Some Jews believe that there is a spirit world into which all souls will go immediately after death. They believe that God would not allow death to be the end, and cannot accept the idea of the Last Day
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Abortion and other medical issues (view all)
- 'Abortion is murder'
- Life begins at conception. Do you agree?
- arguments for and against abortion.
- Abortion Persuasive Essay - against
- Abortion is never justified. Do you agree?
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.