- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Religion and Medical Ethics
The first 200 words of this essay...
Religion and medical issues coursework
(a)(i) Describe the treatments available to help infertile couples to have children.
There are various treatments available to help infertile couples have children.
A first treatment that is available is surrogacy. Surrogacy is where a woman agrees to become pregnant and deliver a child for a different person. There are two types of surrogacy, host surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. The first, host surrogacy, is where the embryo of the couple who want the child is implanted into the surrogate mother. This treatment can be used when the mother still has ovaries that are producing eggs, but she cannot for some reason have the child herself. The second treatment, gestational surrogacy, is where the surrogate mother is the biological mother. The sperm of the father is then injected into the woman's vagina, via a syringe and a catheter. This method can be used if the mother is infertile, or if the father has sperm that has limited mobility, and so needs assistance to get to the egg. Surrogate mothers are not paid for their role as a 'mother'; however their expenses are paid (up to £10,000), meaning that they do not end up
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Ethics (view all)
- "The greatest happiness for the greatest number" U...
- The Canterbury Tales: A Moral Reading.
- Explain Virtue Ethics
- Explain the theory of Virtue Ethics.
- At the beginning of evaluating the necessity for ethical pri...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.