- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Outline the main events of Acts underlining the universality of Christianity and show how these challenge Christians in the modern world to respond to racism and sectarianism.'
The universal outreach of the Church is an important theme of the Acts of the Apostles. The early Christian Church is traced from its earliest roots in Jerusalem after Pentecost to the progress of the gospel to the "ends of the earth." Acts gradually unveils the new Christian faith as universal for both Jews and Gentiles and confirms that it is not simply a Jewish sect.
Racism is a form of discrimination. It happens when a person or a group of people are treated badly simply because of their race or where they come from. Racism can occur at a personal, cultural, structural level. There are people from over 160 different nationalities living in Ireland today yet racism still occurs from day to day all over the country. Sectarianism can be defined as prejudice or discrimination based on religion or cultural association. The purpose of this assignment is to examine the growing problem in our society and to see how Acts challenges Christians to deal with these problems.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Prayer is the best way to deal with suffering. Discuss
- RE exam questions - Matters of life and death
- Explain how Christian teachings about racism would influence...
- If God exists we would know it.
- Victims of War
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.