- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Religious experience is all in the mind of the believer" -Examine and comment on this claim
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
A Beginners Guide to Ideas
Raeper & Smith
Philosophy of Religion
Anne Jordan, Neil Lockyer & Edwin Tate
A level Religious Studies
Gordon Read & Sarah Tyler
The Puzzle of God
Varieties of Religious Experience
www.philosophyofreligion.info/principal of credulity
"Religious experience is all in the mind of the believer"
-Examine and comment on this claim
In 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' by C.S.Lewis, when Peter and Susan go to the professor to express their concern for Lucy, the professor replies with "There are only three possibilities. Either your sister is telling lies, or she is mad, or she is telling the truth." This statement illustrates Swinburnes 'Principal of Credulity' which states that 'if it seems to a subject that x is present, then probably x is present'. Hence if Lucy isn't mad, and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Night, By Elie Wiesel is a devastatingly true story about on...
- Describe what Christians believe about the nature of God.
- A religious experience is proof that God exists. Do you agre...
- What does it mean to be human?
- Present the strengths and weaknesses of Augustine's and Iren...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.