- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Religious studies islam
The first 200 words of this essay...
Tawhid is the idea of monotheism in Islam. It means that God is one and unique. The first part of the Shahada is the declaration of belief in the oneness of God. Muslims believe that the entirety of the Islamic teaching rests on the principle of Tawhid. There is an uncompromising monotheism at the heart of the Islamic beliefs which distinguishes Islam from some other major religions.
The Qur'an is the main source of understanding Oneness of God in Islam. God tells people who he is by speaking through the prophet. The fundamental message of all of the prophets is "There is no god worthy of worship but Allah."
"Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allâh, (the) One, The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks, He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him." (Sura 112:1-4)
"Thy Lord is self-sufficient, full of Mercy: if it were His will, He could destroy you, and in your place appoint whom He will as your successors, even as He raised you up from the posterity of other people."(Sura 6:133)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Essay on the mosque
- Islamiyat Notes. Surah al Anaam (Ch. 6 : Vs. 101-103)These v...
- Explain how Muslim teachings affect the Muslim attitudes tow...
- Explain the origins of the Quran and the importance with whi...
- Fasting goes on every day (29/30 days) of the month of Ramad...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.