- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
religious word, which in Arabic means “submission”, “surrender” or “obedience” it can also mean “peace”. The variations are there because different people view it differently. The most used meaning however is “
The first 200 words of this essay...
An introduction to Islam
Islam is a religious word, which in Arabic means "submission", "surrender" or "obedience" it can also mean "peace". The variations are there because different people view it differently. The most used meaning however is "surrender" because the followers completely "surrender" themselves to gods will. All follower of the region are known as Muslims. They believe that Islam and its many meanings are the only way to obey god and have real "peace" in the heart and mind and society as a whole.
Their knowledge of the will of god comes from the Qur'an, in which contains messages from god. They believe that the Qur'an consists of messages revealed by god to Muhammad, the prophet and messenger of god. The messages show the way of life that is right, for Islamic believer should live their lives. For example praying 5 times a day, giving one fortieth of their savings to the poor fasting for 30 days of Ramadan and making pilgrimage to Makkah.
The spirit of Islam is totally against acts of violence and oppression, although Muslims believe in defence of the weak and the constant battle against evil. There however, are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- The short story "If I Quench Thee" by William E. C...
- Taking any three psychological theories of prejudice: How ad...
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Descriptive writing: busy and empty train station
- Christian beliefs about the ways criminals shoud or should n...
""Zoey. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student