- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Rloe and function of a mosque
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Mosque has many roles and functions. One of them is that five daily Salahs take place in the Mosque at their specific time; Fajar, Zohar, Asar, Maghrib and Isha.
Nowadays, Eid Salah; Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha takes place in the Mosque, but in Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s time they use to pray Eid Salah in an open field but now weather is not permissible to pray Salah outside. Every Friday, Jummah Salah and Khutbah takes place in the Mosque which is one of the famous things for a Mosque as well as Friday.
Mortuary is a place/area in a Mosque, where dead people are given a Ghusl, shrouded and if the Janazah Salah cannot be arranged quickly or burial service, then dead are kept in large freezers provided for the Mosque, until everything is sorted out as soon as possible, because in a Hadith, to the nearest meaning Our Prophet (S.A.W) has said not to keep the dead for so long and try to bury them as quick as possible so they get their final destination's decision quickly.
Mosque is also a place where Nikah Ceremony; Khutbah and dua etc takes place. Marriage (Nikah) is considered
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Places of Worship (view all)
- 'Hursley Church shows us typical ideas about Christianity an...
- To what extent did Ferdinand and Isabella succeed in dealing...
- To argue whether or not secularisation is occurring, or has ...
- A place of Muslim worship.
- Secularisation. The decrease in importance of religion in pe...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.