- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Select, describe and explain those rituals of Hajj which will be of spiritual value to the pilgrim
The first 200 words of this essay...
A01 - Select, describe and explain those rituals of Hajj which will be of spiritual value to the pilgrim
Hajj is a journey with great spiritual significance performed by a Muslim to Makkah, the holy city, where Muslims follow the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad. It is the last of the five pillars of Islam, demonstrating its significance in the Islamic faith. Every year, Hajj brings Muslims from different backgrounds all over the world to one purpose, to follow Prophet Muhammad's footsteps. All men who are able to go are obliged to go on Hajj at least once in their lifetime. The preparation for Hajj begins as early as days after a Muslim boy is born; as a bank account is set up for provide the money needed for the pilgrimage. As Qu'ran 22:27-28 shows, Hajj is a very spiritually beneficial journey. It is a time where Muslims are closest to God. Very often, the spiritual impact on the pilgrims is so great that it would change them for the rest of their lives. The two maps above show the main stages of Hajj, and some of these stages will be described in the following paragraphs.
''And proclaim the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hajj (view all)
- What is meant by fasting? (ii) Describe and explain the fast...
- Describe what happens on Hajj.
- Describe What happens during Hajj All Muslim...
- Analyse how one personal devotion expresses the beliefs of I...
- "Explain the part Pilgrimage plays in the life of Chris...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.