- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Should Capital Punishment be Restored in the UK as a Punishment for the Crime of Murder?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Argued Essay: Should Capital Punishment be Restored in the UK as a Punishment for the Crime of Murder?
Capital punishment or the death penalty is seen as the worst punishment a criminal can receive. The prisoner is executed by a variety of methods such as the electric chair, lethal injection or, in countries in the Far East by beheading or being shot.
The last execution in Britain was in 1965 when James Hanratty was executed. He was later found to have been innocent (this is still under investigation) and this was a main factor as to why the death penalty was abolished although it took many years from the last execution to its abolishment.
England doesn't use capital or corporal punishment any more although many other countries such as the USA and China use them both frequently.
Most people have very strong and often controversial views on capital punishment. Some people are strongly in favour of it being reinstated whereas others feel it is cruel and unnecessary
Those who are against often feel that capital punishment should remain in the past. They also feel that, by taking the life of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Critically evaluate arguments for and against the death pena...
- Explain, by reference to decided cases, how the courts have ...
- Capital PunishmentShould We Use Capital Punishment?
- Capital punishment - One of the most controversial debates t...
- Life After Death
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.