- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Black Death - diary accounts.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Black Death
26 March 1348
The new trade routes to our country have brought many new thing, new medicines, new medical ideas and new ways to kill our people. The most vicious of these is the Black Death. I heard about how this sickness had affected many of the busiest port towns, but I never thought it would affect my small rural community. How wrong could I have been? It has now taken so cruelly the lives of my mother and many of my close friends. Only last week, I remember sitting at my mother's bed side dampening her forehead with cool water on a flannel in an effort to keep her fever at bay. My husband and father were also gathered around me, offering support. We prayed twice every day, asking for Gods forgiveness. But the illness just took a firmer grip on my mother's life. She developed painful swelling on her armpits and groin and smaller blister appeared all over her body. The fever stayed and soon turned into a raging headache. We gave her herbs and took her to see the local medicine man, but nothing worked. After five days of pain and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Legal Causation.
- Capital PunishmentShould We Use Capital Punishment?
- death penalty - agree/disagree
- Explain, by reference to decided cases, how the courts have ...
- “Billy Budd” - A Critical Analysis of Symb...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.