- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
THE DEVIL IS A REAL POWER: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVIL AND SUFFERING Discuss from a Christian viewpoint.
The first 200 words of this essay...
'THE DEVIL IS A REAL POWER: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVIL AND SUFFERING'
The devil in Christianity, also given the names: Satan and Lucifer was first created as an angel an 'Anointed Cherub' anointed means to be set apart for Gods Divine purpose alongside other meanings similar to this. However Lucifer wanted exalt himself above God rather than just be an angel of God. Consequently after he and some of his followers tried t over-throw God's authority God cast him out of heaven and is now is roaming the earth so some branches of Christianity teach. In brief, Satan is a fallen angel who rebelled against God.
During the middle ages the church put great emphasis on the devil being a real power. He was often exemplified as having horns and goats hind quarters and carrying a pitch fork and having a forked tail. Features that carry an air of bat like wings and talons, goat like features were in the bible the goat is seen as less important than sheep, said that man will place a sheep on his right side whereas he will place a goat on the left; it presumably headed for eternal
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Christian sexual ethics- expected behaviour and reactions. ...
- RE exam questions - Matters of life and death
- Explain how Christian teachings about racism would influence...
- Prayer is the best way to deal with suffering. Discuss
- If God exists we would know it.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student