- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Legal Position On Euthanasia around the World.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Legal Position On Euthanasia
The laws relating to euthanasia are different in each country. These may be reflective of the religious or moral beliefs of that country. In most countries the law categorises euthanasia and makes distinctions.
The British House of Lords Select Committee on Medical ethics defines euthanasia as a "deliberate intervention undertaken with the express intention of ending a life to relieve intractable suffering."
Despite efforts to change government policy , there has been little change in the 20th century.
Active voluntary euthanasia as defined above is illegal here in the U.K and in most countries.
However in Belgium, The Netherlands, and some U.S States voluntary euthanasia is legal.
Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland and in the U.S States of Washington, Oregon and Ohio.
The Following is a list of some countries and the legal status of euthanasia . A comparison is useful in looking at the differences and similarities and looking at the religious influences of each country and whether they impact on the law relating to euthanasia.
Euthanasia is illegal in the U.K . Any person found assisting suicide is breaking the law.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- Euthanasia - views for and against.
- Evaluate the ethical argument for and against keeping a pers...
- My hypothesis: Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK.I am...
- Human Life is Sacred : Different views about Abortion and Eu...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.