- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this assignment the author is going to investigate Voluntary Euthanasia. www.Dictionary.co.uk defines Euthanasia as "the act of killing someone who is very ill or very old so that they do not suffer any more".
The author has decided to investigate euthanasia because it's a topic which the author wants to learn more about and also because not too long ago it was in the media quite a lot. It caught author's attention during high profile case of Diane Pretty, which increased author's interest in the topic. Diane Pretty was a 43 years old woman who was suffering from Motor neurone disease which destroyed her muscles, leaving her paralysed and consequently left her in a wheelchair and fed through a tube. She had every possible medical treatment that was available to her. But her condition worsened with time. Because she was paralysed she couldn't' help her self dying (commit suicide), she needed assistance from her husband but because of the English law she wasn't allowed to do this. If her husband assisted her to die, he would have been breaking the law and could have been charged for murdering her. Diane Pretty fought against this law
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- Euthanasia - views for and against.
- Evaluate the ethical argument for and against keeping a pers...
- How does the playwright Brian Clark present the conflict bet...
- Euthanasia is a loving, Christian response Discuss.
- Whose Life is it Anyway? is about Ken Harrison's determinati...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.