- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Wealth and Poverty
The first 200 words of this essay...
Wealth and Poverty summary notes
Causes of hunger Poverty and disease
* Inequality between rich west and poor developing /third world
* Developing countries have poor water and food supplies / poor healthcare and education /huge national debts often to western countries / often suffer extreme weather and natural disaster
* Many argue that exploitation through colonialism in the past and by multi-national corporations contributes to poverty
Christian teaching about concern for the poor
* Care for poor was central to Jesus teaching and his example
* His two greatest commandments commanded love for God and love for neighbour
* Old Testament law instructed people to leave crops in fields for the poor to gather
* Old Testament prophets encouraged justice and fair treatment of poor especially widows and orphans
* Jesus claimed he came to bring 'good news to the poor.'
* The Roman Catholic Church teaches Christians to have a 'bias towards the poor,' because the Bible seems to show God being on the side of the poor.
* Jesus said, 'Blessed are the poor for yours is the Kingdom of God'
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- Wealth and poverty essay
- CRITICALLY EXAMINE THE CULTURAL EXPLANATIONS OF POVERTY
- Zakah - Islamic giving.
- Outline Christian and Jewish teachings on wealth and poverty...
- Inequality is the main reason for the persistence of poverty...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.