- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What can a study of St Marks Gospel tell Christians about what it means to be a disciple? Mark's gospel tells us the whole system of reality and survival involved in becoming a Disciple. It
The first 200 words of this essay...
What can a study of St Marks Gospel tell Christians about what it means to be a disciple?
Mark's gospel tells us the whole system of reality and survival involved in becoming a Disciple. It displays the meaning, costs, characteristics and reward of being a disciple. Mark's gospel tells us that it is an apostle who is 'sent' to carry out a mission at their leaders request, but a disciple is someone who learns from a religious leader and lives according to his teachings. A disciple is someone who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another. Christ's disciples imitated his life.
Mark's gospel teaches us that an important element in being a disciple is faith. Having faith in Jesus is to have complete trust in him and God. Faith is a personal response on the behalf of the believer. The epileptic boy's father shows great faith. He does this by coming to Jesus with his ill son and asking him to heal him. An argument had arisen in the crowds about whether or not the boy could be healed. Jesus became angry at the doubt within the crowd and called them the "unbelieving". He then turned
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Explain how Jesus is a role model for Christian life
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
- St. Francis of Assisi
- The Kingdom of God in St Marks Gospel. The first idea, St Ma...
- It is not possible to be a true disciple of Jesus in the mod...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student