- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What do followers of the religion you are studying may believe about the power of good, and the power of evil?
The first 200 words of this essay...
A) What do followers of the religion you are studying may believe about the power of good, and the power of evil?
Evil is non-existent, it is the absence of good in the world. Christians believe there are two types of evil; moral evil and natural evil. Moral evil is when people are deliberately cruel or uncaring, or a kind of wrong that happens due to human wickedness. Natural evil, is suffering caused because of natural evil, such as floods, disease, fires and earthquakes. It is also believed by some Christians, that evil is only a force.
Christians have different views that question the existence of good and evil. Some Christians blame evil on the Devil, also known as Satan. Satan is believed to be the enemy of God, who rules in Hell and who tries to make humanity turn away from goodness. Traditionally, the Devil is of a red colour, with horns and forked tail. Some people say wherever there is suffering in the world or people choose to do wrong, it is because of the power of Satan, causing tragedy or encouraging evil in people. It is also believed that the Devil is more a supernatural
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Night, By Elie Wiesel is a devastatingly true story about on...
- Present the strengths and weaknesses of Augustine's and Iren...
- Suffering and Evil (perspective of two religions) Christian ...
- corporate religious experience such as the toronto blessing ...
- Explain Paley's teleological argument Paley's version o...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.