- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What does Discipleship mean to Christians today?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 2 - What does Discipleship mean to Christians today?
To Christians today, discipleship holds the same meaning as it did 2000 years ago to the very first disciples. The definition of a disciple being somebody who learns from a religious leader and lives according to his teachings is still relevant today, as is the nature of discipleship. However, as times have changed naturally so has what is expected of a disciple and obviously not all disciples can be expected to follow in the exact footsteps of Jesus and die to save sin otherwise there would be no disciples left to spread the Good News. However modern day disciples are still expected to follow Christ's teachings in every way that they can and work to overcome modern day barriers.
In modern day society, it is possible for anybody to become a disciple if they wish to be no matter of your occupation or social position. Whether you are a missionary who travels the world to promote the Good News, a Vicar or a Nun who work hard to take care of the local community or simply an average, caring citizen who does everything he/she can to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Describe the persecution of Christians in Rome by Nero
- Explain what a study of St .Marks Gospel can tell Christians...
- Discipleship - St. Mark's Gospel can tell us a lot about the...
- Jesus expected far too much of his disciples
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.