- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What is Euthanasia?
The first 200 words of this essay...
i) What is Euthanasia?
The word 'euthanasia' comes from two Greek words whose accurate meaning is "well death". It causes a death to take place because someone suffers from an excruciating and untreatable disease or injury. They would rather die and have the pain stop than continue living with a pain that is incurable. It is also understood as causing or bringing about a person's death painlessly, usually because the person is suffering greatly, fatally or permanently ill or brutally psychologically or physically immobilized. It means doing something with the intention of causing death, the intention being the most vital aspect.
There are two kinds of euthanasia; voluntary and involuntary. Voluntary euthanasia is when someone asks to die before or during illness. There are 2 types of voluntary euthanasia; active and passive.
Voluntary active euthanasia causes the most debate out of all areas of euthanasia. It is when "mercy killing" is involved. This is when someone asks for immediate death. Being put to death through an injection is an example of this. Voluntary passive euthanasia is the type that many Christians allow. It means not taking prolonged or vigorous
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- My hypothesis: Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK.I am...
- Whose Life is it Anyway? is about Ken Harrison's determinati...
- Christian views on suicide
- Discursive Essay:Euthanasia
- Euthanasia and the Right to Die With Dignity
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.