- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is Hajj?
The first 200 words of this essay...
'O our Lord, receive [this] from us ... make us
submissive to You, and of our seed a nation
submissive to You ... and our Lord, send among
them a messenger, one who will tell them Your
signs and teach them the Book and the Wisdom,
and purify them.'
What is Hajj?
Hajj is a compulsory pilgrimage for Muslims that are fit and wealthy enough. Those who are in debt, or are physically unable to perform the duties of Hajj are excused from it. The Hajj is one of the "Five Pillars" of Islam, and must be performed between 8th and 13th Dhul Hyjah. Dhul Hyjah is the twelfth month of the Muslim calendar, which is based on the Moon.
First month of the calendar.
Jumad al- Ula
Month of fasting.
The month when Hajj is performed.
There are twelve months in the Islamic calendar. The first month of the Islamic year is Muharram. One of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hajj (view all)
- Theology Part 1 - Pilgrimage
- Hajj and its importance to Muslims?
- Religious Education Hajj Coursework
- FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM
- Fasting: "For Muslims fasting has both advantages and d...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.