- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is meant by euthanasia?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Euthanasia Roger Lucas
Euthanasia is a very delicate and emotional subject, which is being debated in the law courts at this very moment; not only within English courts but also in the European courts as well. The question that's being asked do we allow people to die through euthanasia or don't we.
Euthanasia in the Oxford dictionary is described as the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable disease in an irreversible coma.
By asking ourselves this question in the first place it just goes to show what a moral issue this subject is because you can argue strongly on both sides both for and against.
For instance the case at Bristol Crown Court whereby a wife helped her husband to commit euthanasia; her husband was disabled and then paralysed by a massive stroke.
Before Sylvia O'Donohoe helped her husband in the act of euthanasia, "he had tried twice to kill himself, one with a drug overdoes, two by trying to gnaw his way through a live electric wire with his teeth" The Daily Telegraph 15 May 1991.
It's clear from Mr O'Donohoes behaviour that he had changed and he'd became very
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- The Legal Position On Euthanasia around the World.
- My hypothesis: Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK.I am...
- Euthanasia Discursive essay.
- Discursive Essay on Euthanasia.
- How merciful is mercy killing?
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.