- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A Catapult Investigation.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Catapult Investigation
The aim of this experiment is to investigate how far a piece of block would travel using a catapult with different weights on the block and different force applied to the catapult.
I know from text books and from lessons that friction will affect how far certain object travels. Since I'm not going to change the friction or not going to change where I will do my experiment I don't need to worry about this factor.
My hypothesis for this experiment is 'the more force you apply to the rubber band the further the wood will travel but the more weight you put on the block of wood the less distance it's going to cover.
* A stool
* Rubber band
* Newton meter
* A metre stick
I will do tests of 5, 10, 15 and 20 newtons force each with and without weights. I will put up to 3 weights on the block. I will do 5 repeats for each test. Firstly we had to set up the stool then
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- The Physics of Paper Helicopters
- Investigate the effect that different weights have on my par...
- I am going to find out what factors affect the Terminal Velo...
- An Investigation into the factors that effect the accelerati...
- Physics CourseWork - Terminal Velocity
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.