• Join over 1.2 million students every month
  • Accelerate your learning by 29%
  • Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month

A review of the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth"

Extracts from this document...

Introduction

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH

What if we are about to die?

Al Gore, the US senator and vice president of the USA under Bill Clinton, advocated that the world is coming to its unprecedented end; he believes it to be a swift stroke of destiny that would leave this planet shattered and broken. What he is talking about is perhaps a very large global disaster that we are all familiar with. Perhaps his advice has already been stamped in every textbook of environmental systems in this world but no one really cared about it and just left it lying there. He refers to the threat of “global warming”.

Director Davis Guggenheim initiated the cult movie “An inconvenient truth”.

...read more.

Middle

What is the whole issue of global warming?

To talk about global warming we need to talk a little about greenhouse effect. The incoming solar radiation from the sun does not reach the Earth in all its totality. The earth reflects 30% of the incoming radiation. The remaining 70% is absorbed to warm the Earth. Now to balance out the solar influx with the solar out flux, the Earth reflects some of the radiation in short wavelengths. The short wavelengths are trapped in the Earth’s atmosphere due to the presence of greenhouse gases which impede the outflow of radiation. The greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, methane and water vapour. By trapping the heat, the Earth stays warm.

...read more.

Conclusion

Gore believes that the only remedy can come from the personal level and urges USA to change its attitude towards the whole problem and look for more environment friendly paths of economic development.

(500 words without the heading)

...read more.

This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our GCSE The Earth and Beyond section.

Found what you're looking for?

  • Start learning 29% faster today
  • 150,000+ documents available
  • Just £6.99 a month

Not the one? Search for your essay title...
  • Join over 1.2 million students every month
  • Accelerate your learning by 29%
  • Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month

See related essaysSee related essays

Related GCSE The Earth and Beyond essays

  1. Peer reviewed

    Global Warming - Is it man Made?

    Global warming is an issue that can and will effect people in every corner of the world. Some people may wonder whether all of the effects of global warming are negative because they live in a region that has seen warmer weather throughout usually colder times of the year, well

  2. Greenhouse Effect.

    .That's right! The greenhouse effect is a fundamental method of trapping heat from the sun. High frequency radiation such as ultraviolet and visible light is allowed to pass through a glazing. Once the light is inside the greenhouse and it strikes a non reflective surface the high frequency radiation is

  1. EssayOn the Heaven’S Gate Cult

    home which they called their monastery. Most members had little contact with their families of origin or with their neighbors. Many followed successful professional careers before entering the group. Some abandoned their children before joining. They were free to leave at any time.

  2. Journey to the farthest planet (Pluto).

    gp120/canarypox vaccine is created consisting solely of DNA and HIV gag gene (adenovirus). Cells take in the gene will produce a more robust response that causes the cytotoxic T cells (white blood cells) to attack. Studies showed 44% to 67% of people receiving such doses of vaccines have generated the immune systems.

  • Over 160,000 pieces
    of student written work
  • Annotated by
    experienced teachers
  • Ideas and feedback to
    improve your own work