- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A thermometric titration - determine the concentrations of hydrochloric acid and ethanoic acids by thermometric titration and find the enthalpy of neutralization.
The first 200 words of this essay...
~ A thermometric titration ~
To determine the conecentrations of hychloric acid and ethanoic acis by thermometric titration and find the enthalpy of neutralization.
(I) Titration of HCL with standard NaOH:
1. 50cm3 of NaOH solution is pipetted and transfer to the polystyrene cup, It was allow to stand for a few minutes.
2. The initial temperature was recorded. 5.0 cm3 ofHCL was burette to the cup.
3. The mixture was stirred well by using the thermometer, the temperature was recorded.
4. Sucessive 5.0 cm3 portions of HCL was added and the mixture was stirred, the temperature was recorded after each addition.
5. The adding and recording process was continued till the addition of 50 cm3 of acid.
(II) Titration of CH3COOH with standard NaOH:
1. The procedure was the same as HCL except CH3COOH was used.
Results and Calculations:
(I) Titration of HCL
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- The Use of Volumetric Flask, Burette and Pipette in Determin...
- An Investigation Into The Chemical Weathering of Limestone
- Colorimetric Determination of Manganese in Steel
- Analysis of Neutralisation of NaOH
- Autobiography of Gold
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.