- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 6435 words
- Submitted: 08/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
What has/is the government done/doing and what could we as the general public to do improve our air quality?
With the great concern surrounding the destruction of the earth's atmosphere due to air pollution, the immediate and direct harm caused to the human body is often over shadowed. While many are aware that our careless use of hazardous chemicals and fossil fuels may leave the planet uninhabitable in the future, most over look the fact that they also cause real damage to the air we breathe in at this moment. Such pollutants cause damage to our respiratory system, as the concentration in the air is too high. If you breathe dirty air, you are more likely to develop health problems and become ill. Plants and animals need clean air too. A lot of the things that make our lives more comfortable such as cars, electricity and heating; create bad gases which make the air dirty. The problem of air pollution started with the burning of coal in homes and factories. Dirty air is called 'polluted air'. Some of us get asthma which can be caused by pollution. Air quality is affected in many ways by pollution. The Earth's atmosphere consists
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Changing Materials - The Earth and its Atmosphere (view all)
- How the Concentration of Sodium Thiosulphate affects the Rat...
- How does concentration affect the rate of electrolysis of Co...
- Importance of electrolysis in our daily lives
- An Investigation Into the Electrolysis Of Copper Sulphate So...
- Effect of increasing charge on mass of copper deposited duri...
- Why is Aluminium utilised in the contemporary world, for the...
- The metals used in the creation of computers
- How are products from oil obtained and used?
- Global Warming and Possible Solutions.
- Alternative Energy Research Essay
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.