- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An experiment for comparing the enthalpy change of combustion of different alcohols.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An experiment for comparing the enthalpy change of combustion of different alcohols
To find out the enthalpy change of combustion for a number of alcohols.
Burners of different alcohols (methanol ethanol propan-1-ol butan-1-ol)
1.Measure 200cm of water (at room temperature) into the measuring cylinder; record the temperature of the water.
2.Set up the apparatus as shown below in fig 1:
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Organic Chemistry (view all)
- Esters. Esters are formed from an alcohol and carboxylic ac...
- Biofuels next generation
- Comparing fuels
- Should food additives be banned
- Oil Exploitation- the environmental impact
- Formation of Aspirin
- Vitamin C Investigation.
- Fertilisers are substances that supply plant nutrients or co...
- Compare and Contrast the properties and reactions of Butane ...
- GCSE Chemistry Revision Notes - everything!
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.