- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Investigation into how concentration affects the rate of reaction between magnesium and hydrochloric acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Investigation into how concentration affects the rate of reaction between magnesium and hydrochloric acid
I am going to see if I higher the concentration, the rate of reaction increases.
In this experiment I am going to time it takes for the reaction to take place. I will start the stop clock when the magnesium is added to the solution and stop it as soon as the reaction stopped. I will try and do each experiment at the same temperature. I will use the same amount of magnesium every time. suppressed shiraz786's functionalism theory.
I am going to use: · grams of magnesium
· Hydrochloric acid
· A beaker
· Safety glasses
· A thermometer
· A measuring cylinder
· A stop clock· water
I will make a solution of hydrochloric acid and water. The amount of acid will vary every time. I will add the magnesium powder. As soon as I have done this I will start the stop clock. When the reaction has finished I will stop the stop clock. I will then take down
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Enzymes - show how substrate concentration affects the rate ...
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Investigation on the Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Re...
- Marble Chips and Hydrochloric Acid.
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.