- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Aseptic Technique – Growing Microorganisms
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aseptic Technique - Growing Microorganisms
The aim for this topic is to grow microorganisms using the Aseptic technique.
Agar plate Wire loop
Heatproof mat Tissue
Safety goggles Bunsen burner
Lactobacillus casei (bacteria) Masking tape
I predict for this experiment that the most of the colonies of the bacteria would grow on the streak 1 because on the first number of scrapes onto the agar dish would give thousands and thousands of Lactobacillus casei bacteria, for the second number of scrapes would have probably only hundreds of bacteria. A disadvantage for having this many in the first number of scrapes is the amount of nutrition the bacteria would get from the agar so many of the bacteria would die out. There are still many bacteria left so the chances are that the first stroke would get the most colonies in the agar dish.
Biological: The loop must be kept away from the face because is contains the bacteria that's used in the experiment. It
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- Pros and cons of free range chicken farming.
- Research question - Is using dogs for work ethical?
- Does Traffic Pollution Cause Asthma?
- Woodlice Investigation
- Explain the factors that affect the distribution of plant an...
- Describe examples of adaptations to the environment shown ...
- Overfishing - The End Of The Line
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.