- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Biodiversity Practical. My prediction is that the location with the greater amount of plant population and biodiversity would be the one with the least human intervention
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sameer Patel, 1001.
Task: Design and carry out an experiment that examines the plant populations and biodiversity at three different sites within the school compound.
Aim: To determine whether areas with greater human intervention have an effect on the plant population of the area.
Hypothesis: My prediction is that the location with the greater amount of plant population and biodiversity would be the one with the least human intervention- in this case, Plot 2 (Outside the Staff Room/ESL Lab). The location with the least number of plant population and biodiversity would be the one that experiences the most human intervention, i.e. the primary field, which is used on a daily basis by a large amount of people. There is also construction work being carried out near Plot 3 (Behind the Canteen), which therefore could also affect biodiversity and plant population significantly as well.
Population and Biodiversity
Method of Data Collection (Quadrat)
* 0.5m x 0.5m Quadrat
* Magnifying Glass
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Ashton Island
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- Transport in flowering plants- Dye Experiment 2. Aim: To fi...
- An investigation into the effect of light intensity on the r...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.