- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 10:- Human Physiology for Health and Social Care
For the human to survive and function properly, we need energy to let the cells repair themselves. To get this energy, we need to consume three main substances;
* Carbohydrates (one of the three main classes of food and a source of energy. Carbohydrates are the sugars and starches found in breads, cereals, fruits, and vegetables, which, during digestion, are changed into a simple sugar called glucose. Glucose is stored in the liver until cells need it for energy.)
* Protein (A naturally occurring combination of amino acids. Protein is one of the essential components of all living things and the diet of animal organisms.) and,
* Lipids (Another term for fats that can be broken down into fatty acids.)
It is important to eat a healthy amount of the substances found above because food provides energy that the cells need to develop, change, and multiply. It also provides them with energy so they can repair themselves. Consecutively the carbohydrates, protein and lipids need to be digested and broken down so that the body can acquire the energy from them. Digestion occurs both
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Myocardial infarction
- The Process of Human Digestion
- Should people with diabetes 2 receive medical treatment?
- Give An Account Of The Control Of The Heart Beat And How In ...
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
- Human Circulatory System Revision Notes.
- The thyroid gland.
- Why is vaccination recommended if it can cause side effects?
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.