- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
CalciumCarbonate + Hydrochloric Acid —> Calcium Chloride + Water + Carbon Dioxide CaCO3 +2HCl —> CaCl 2 + H2O + CO2 Aim Method & Diagram
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Calcium Carbonate + Hydrochloric Acid -> Calcium Chloride + Water + Carbon Dioxide
CaCO3 + 2HCl -> CaCl 2 + H2O + CO2
Investigate factors affecting rate of reaction between calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid.
Method & Diagram
Fill measuring cylinder with water
Half fill water basin with water
Invert measuring cylinder whilst covering open end with hand
Submerge measuring cylinder (End with hand on)
Put 25ml of acid into the conicle flask
Have 2.0g of marble chips ready
Put end of pipe into submerged conicle flask
Prepare to start stopwatch
Put marble chips in with acid & put bung on conicle flask whilst starting stopwatch
Every 30s starting from 0s take a measurement of how much air there is in measuring cylinder (cm3)
When you have done this with the first concentration of acid clean out the conicle flask and refill the measuring cylinder & repeat experiment with next concentration of acid.
* Conicle Flask
* Marble chips
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- In a neutralisation reaction between an acid and an alkali, ...
- Determination of Partition Coefficient
- Standardization of NaOH and Analysis of Unknown Acid Sample.
- Plan to investigate the factors that affect the rate of reac...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.