- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Calculating the densities of coins using different methods.
The first 200 words of this essay...
316- Scoblete Chemistry 1 of 4
Penny Density Lab Report
Conclusion and Evaluation
Based on the data and calculations, I found out that the mass of the Post 1982 pennies was much lighter than the Pre 1982 pennies. In both instances, where there was only one penny and another where there were ten, the mass of the Post 1982 proved to weigh less than the Pre 1982 pennies which proved to be heavier. However, for the volume of the pennies, the Pre and Post 1982 pennies had the same exact measurements in both situations of the quantity which I found pretty interesting. What this means is that, the people who made these coins switched the materials they used to make the pennies, but still managed to keep the volume the same.
I find that using the water displacement method is easier for me and I think it's more preferable as well. By using the ruler to find the volume takes too much effort, because it involves too many miniscule numbers to factor
316- Scoblete Chemistry 2 of 4
in, and multiplying decimals is just a bother if you have
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Classifying Materials (view all)
- Chemistry revision notes. Atomic Structure and Bonding, Elec...
- Extracting copper from malachite (copper carbonate) by using...
- GCSE Chemistry Revision
- An Investigation Into The Factors That Affect The Enthalpy C...
- The Period 3 Elements
- Chemistry Research Project - Salts
- Separating Salt & Fat from Crisps
- Gravimetric Determination of Phosphorus in Plant Food
- Chromatography and Solvents
- A Brief Account of the Perception of the Atom
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.