- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Chemistry Rates Of Reaction Marble chips and Hydrochloric acid
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Year 11 Chemistry
Rates of Reaction Coursework
How does changing the concentration of a substance effect the rate of reaction?
This science coursework is an experiment, it will explore the rates of reactions, factors affecting the results and highlighting and explaining possible conclusions for any anomolies. It involves measuring and recording results in experiments that we have done in lessons, and then analysing the results in this coursework. The experiment is fairly simple but I will state the method and equipment we used to complete the exercise below. To ensure the test is fair, we must ensure the variables are kept the same throughout all the experiments. To ensure the test is as impartial as practicallity allows, I will ensure the temperature, acid concentration, surface area and timeing are all constant. This will ensure my results are as accurate as I can achieve.
The experiment involves using hydrochloric acid (acidic) and marble chip (alkali). We are going to put both reactants into a chonical flask and collect the gas that will be given off. This will allow us to see which reaction is faster with different strenghts of hydrochloric acid, and also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Investigate how varying the surface area of marble chips dif...
- Investigation on the Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Re...
- Investigate the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid a...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.