- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Confirm which factors increases or decreases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Essay length: 5153 words
- Submitted: 05/03/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
My aim in this coursework is to investigate the factors, which affect photosynthesis. My aim is to confirm which factors increases or decreases the rate of photosynthesis.
The factors are
* Carbon dioxide,
* Light intensity
The building-up of complex food molecules from simpler substances is called a synthesis and it needs enzymes and energy to make it occur. Enzymes those are present in the plant's cells and the energy for the first stages in the synthesis comes from sunlight. The process is, therefore, called photosynthesis ('photo' means light).
Photosynthesis is the main type of auto tropic nutrition. There are two fundamentally different methods of nutrition. Animals and certain other organisms take in ready-made organic substances; this is known as heterotrophic nutrition. Other organisms, notably plants, take in simple inorganic substances which they then build up into complex organics substances, this is known as auto tropic nutrition.
The importance of photosynthesis
Heterotrophs, including humans, all depend on photosynthesis for making their food. The manufacturing of sugar (starch) during the process of photosynthesis is astounding. For example: a hectare of maize can convert as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- An Investigation into the Effects that Different Light Inten...
- Boyle's Law Investigation
- Use the method of mixtures to find out the specific heat cap...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student