- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Construct a rocket from a discarded PET (Polthylene Teraphetlate) drink bottle.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physics Major Practical
* Identify Conceptual ideas in physics, and enhance these skills by building a Water Propelled rocket.
* Master Newton's law of conservation of momentum, and hence analyze this rocket using the principles given.
* Identify correct variables, which have a significant impact on the rockets performance.
We aim to construct this rocket from a discarded PET (Polthylene Teraphetlate) drink bottle.
The bottles are one of those rare miracles of serendipity: although designed for something else altogether, they are nearly perfect for making water rockets. They're designed to hold liquids at high pressures, they're very lightweight, and they have a conveniently located ring molded around the neck that's handy for holding the bottle down while pressurizing it. About the only thing that could make them better is to have the fins and nose cone molded in for you.
The rockets made from these bottles are surprisingly powerful. A standard 2-liter pop bottle 1/3 full of water, pumped to 80 psi and then released, will eject all its water in less than one-tenth of a second, and at that point ("burnout") will be only about 2 meters
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Green Plants as Organisms (view all)
- What affect does the length of cooking time have on the vita...
- Testing a leaf for starch experiment
- To investigate the effect of light intensity on the size of ...
- An investigation of the effect of a named abiotic factor upo...
- Biology Lab Report. Does light intensity affect the rate of...
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of cloning plants?
- Osmosis investigation. My prediction is that as the concent...
- Which seed will germinate faster a corn or bean in tap water...
- What is photosynthesis? Experiments that discovered the pro...
- Experiment Report on Best Fertilisers
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.