- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Does the length of wire in a circuit affect the resistance? Plan The aim of this investigation is to find out whether the resistance increases or decreases
The first 200 words of this essay...
Does the length of wire in a circuit affect the resistance?
The aim of this investigation is to find out whether the resistance increases or decreases as the length of wire increases. The key factor that I plan to investigate is the length of wire, and I will alter the lengths of wire, and measure the resistance during the investigation using an ammeter and a voltmeter.
The diagram above shows wire in a circuit. The current is hitting the wire particles, which slow the current down.
I predict that the longer the wire, the higher the resistance and the lower the current.
The reason for this prediction is that when the current goes through a wire, the current hits the particles of the wire, which slow it down over a longer period of time. The path of an electron is not just a simple direct route from negative to positive, but an electron has a zigzag path, as electrons constantly collide with particles of wire. So the more collisions there are, the more friction there is, acting as the opposite force, and therefore slowing the current down. If we have a longer
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Stopping Distance Investigation
- How the length of a wire affects the resistance.
- relationship between voltage and current
- Physics Coursework: Factors affecting resistance of a wire. ...
- To investigate How the Length of Wire affects its Resistance...
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
- Aim: I am going to carry out an investigation to find how th...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.