- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Ecology and Evolution
The first 200 words of this essay...
IB Biology SL II Ryan Martucci
Topic: 4 - Ecology and Evolution Date: 5-24-02 Period: 4th
Sub-topic: 4.3 - Evolution
4.3.1 1 Define evolution.
Evolution refers to the processes that have transformed life on Earth from
its earliest forms to the vast diversity that characterizes it today.
4.3.2 1 State that populations tend to produce more offspring than the
environment can support.
Populations tend to produce more offspring than the environment can
4.3.3 3 Explain that the consequences of the potential overproducing of offspring
is a struggle for survival.
Natural selection is the unequal ability of individuals to survive and
reproduce. But, natural selection occurs through the interaction of the
individuals with the environment and favorable variations of individuals.
So individuals that have favorable characteristics will stay alive and cause
natural selection to take place and reproduce offspring. If there is an
overproduction of offspring the species with the characteristics needed to
survive and live to the next generation and reproduce. This trend will lead
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- An Investigation into a Woodlice's Preferred Choice of Envir...
- This assignment is about planning and designing practical ex...
- The importance uses of micro organisms.
- DISCUSS THE CONCEPT OF HOMEOSTASIS PARTICULARLY IN RELATION ...
- Should whale hunting be banned?
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'