- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Effect of concentration on rates of reaction.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Effect of concentration on rates of reaction
To find out how the concentration of Sodium Thiosulphate can alter the reaction between hydrochloric acid and Sodium Thiosulphate.
I think that when you increase the concentration of the Sodium Thiosulphate the rate of the reaction will also increase. I know this because increasing the concentration means increasing the number of reactant molecules in the solution and the collision theory states that the rate of a chemical reaction is proportional to the number of collisions between reactant molecules. If there are more reactant molecules then more collisions will take place between them. The more often reactant molecules collide, the more often they react with one another, and the faster the reaction rate. In reality, only a small fraction of the collisions are effective collisions. Effective collisions are those that result in a chemical reaction.
In order to produce an effective collision, reactant particles must possess some minimum amount of energy. This energy, used to initiate the reaction, is called the activation energy. For every sample of reactant particles there will be some that possess this amount of energy. The larger the sample, the greater the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Investigation exploring rates of reaction, using the reactio...
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction - Sodium Thiosulphate and...
- Enzymes - show how substrate concentration affects the rate ...
- Marble Chips and Hydrochloric Acid.
- Investigation on the Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Re...
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.