- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explain the factors that affect the distribution of plant and animal species
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain the factors that affect the distribution of plant and animal species. Using examples from the living world
Different species of plants and animals require different factors in order for it to survive. Positive factors could encourage the growth of different species, hence alter the distribution as species struggle to survive, vice versa negative factors would decrease the growth of species in the area. Species of plants possesses characteristics that allow it to survive in certain conditions. This is why the distributions of plants vary from one area to another. Each species must be able to successfully capture these resources and use them to acquire energy and biomass for growth and reproduction. Yet resources are limited in natural environments, so plants face selective pressure for growth performance without excessive use of resources
One of the factors that affect the distribution of plants is temperature. Most species of plant live in moderate temperature zones (around 35°C) is due to the fact that the enzymes, biological catalyst which speed up reaction in plant cells work at the best rate in an optimum temperature. As temperature increases the more energy enzymes have to move around and speed up reaction but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Living Things in their Environment (view all)
- Animal Testing
- Animal testing essay
- Movement in Plants and Animals.
- Pros and cons of free range chicken farming.
- Measurement of the vitamin C content of fruit juices
- To deal with the problem of overpopulation caused by overbre...
- Is eating the best solution to deal with over-breeding speci...
- Where are all the bees?
- Dissecting an Owl Pellet Lab
- The aim is to record the data growth of Duckweed and see wha...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.