- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Factors affecting heat loss from the body
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Factors affecting the rate of heat loss from the body
I am being asked to carry out a practical investigation which considers the factors affecting heat loss from the body. The aim of this investigation is to look at the effect of size on temperature loss in warm-blooded animals. I am going to discover and learn more about the relationship between objects and the rate at which they loose heat. I will be using beakers in correspondence to animals during this investigation. I will also be applying my knowledge of homeostasis in correlation to what I discover.
Homeostasis is the property of either an open system or a closed system, especially a living organism that regulates its internal environment so as to maintain a stable, constant condition. This need for constancy was recognised in the nineteenth century by Claude Bernard. He concluded: 'La fixité du milieu interieur est la condition de la vie libre.'1 Which means: 'The constancy of the internal environment is the condition of the free life.'
The temperature of environments inhabited by living organisms ranges from 90°C in hot spring to -40°C in the Arctic. Most organisms, however, live in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- Biology notes
- Design an Experiment to show how exercise can affect Heart R...
- The Effects of Exercise on the Heart Rate
- Enzymes Essay; Enzymes used in the Baby Food industry
- Biology 1 Edexcel Science Overview Revision Notes.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
- Human Circulatory System Revision Notes.
- The thyroid gland.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.