- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Factors Affecting Osmosis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
FACTORS AFFECTING OSMOSIS
The aim of this experiment is to investigate the factors affecting osmosis. I have chosen to investigate the effect varying concentration of sucrose solution has on the amount of osmotic activity between the sucrose solution and a plant cell. The plant cell I have chosen to use is a potato tuber from which I plan to cut potato chips of equal length which I will place in test tubes filled with varying concentrations at equal volumes of sucrose solution. After a set amount of time I will remove the potato chips and record the change in length.
High water potential is a solution which has a high concentration of water and a low concentration of solute (e.g. sugar, sucrose or salt) or no solute at all. Therefore it can either be a very dilute solution of something like sucrose or pure water, however in each case there is a lot of water. Whereas low water potential is the opposite of high water potential being a solution of low concentration of water and high concentration of solute (sugar, sucrose or salt). Hence it can be a concentrated solution of something like
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Life Processes & Cells (view all)
- Investigation on osmosis.
- Osmosis in potatoes
- Osmosis in Potato Cells
- Finding out the effect of osmosis on potato chips at differe...
- An experiment to show osmosis in potato chips in different c...
- AIM: To determine the concentration of ascorbic acid in oran...
- Anatony and Physiology - cells in the human body.
- The hypothesis is the optimum pH level for the enzyme Amylas...
- Science Biology Revision Notes - Nutrition in plants and the...
- Osmosis in potato cell lab report
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.