- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Find out what affects the rate of Osmosis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* I am aiming to find out what affects the rate of Osmosis.
* To do this I am going to use temperature as a variation and my aim is to use it successfully.
I predict that the warmer the water, the faster the rate of Osmosis occurs. I believe that Osmosis will occur when the water is at 10 but when the water temperature increases to higher temperatures e.g. 50 I believe a greater amount of water will of passed through the Visking Tubing (a semi permeable membrane).
* Visking Tubing
* 5x 400ml beakers
* 2x 100ml beakers
* 1 molar salt solution
* 5 paper clips
* Distilled water
* Vegetable oil
* Stop watch
* Fill a 400ml beaker with 300ml of distilled water at the specific temperature e.g. 100 . Use a thermometer to get an exact temperature. Do this for every specified temperature.
* Pore some salt solution into 2x 100ml beakers and make sure that they are 20 .
* Place some of the salt solution (25ml) in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- ANALYSIS OF ASPIRIN BY BACK TITRATION
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- An Experiment to determine What Factors Affect Neutralisatio...
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- Plan to investigate the factors that affect the rate of reac...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.