- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How does exercise affect your heart rate?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Guillaume Wright 9C2
C/W How does exercise affect your heart rate? 10/6/00
Aim: To find out whether exercise affects the heart rate (beats per minute) of the body.
Prediction: I think that the more exercise that is undertaken the higher the heart rate of the body will be. This is because when the body exercises the cells of the body need energy to make the muscles move and work properly. To get the energy the body takes in oxygen from the air and this oxygen is transferred to the blood through capillaries and this blood is pumped around the body to each cell so that the oxygen (and glucose) can be used in respiration to produce energy (and water and carbon dioxide) for the muscles to work and undertake the exercise in question. But as the exercise increases so does the need for energy to the muscles to make them work harder or longer. This means that more oxygen (and glucose) need to be transported to the cells for respiration to occur. This will then mean that the heart rate will increase because the heart has pump more blood containing the vital
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- Design an Experiment to show how exercise can affect Heart R...
- The Effects of Exercise on the Heart Rate
- Biology notes
- Enzymes Essay; Enzymes used in the Baby Food industry
- Biology 1 Edexcel Science Overview Revision Notes.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
- Human Circulatory System Revision Notes.
- The thyroid gland.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.