- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How does the weight of a pendulum effect its oscillation time.
The first 200 words of this essay...
How does the weight of a pendulum effect its oscillation time
The key factors that could affect this experiment are that the length of pendulum varying will change how far it has to swing to complete an oscillation.
The weight of the pendulum will have a effect on the oscillation time because the pendulum will have more weights which will increase the surface area for air resistance to take place this is the only possible way the weight of the pendulum will affect the oscillation time because, gravity is a standard force, so the weight will not effect the amount of gravity taking place.
The angle at which it is dropped at is another key factor because, if it is dropped from higher up it has longer to pick up speed so therefore it shall travel higher up giving it a longer oscillation time. If the pendulum is dropped from a lower then it shall have less time to pick up speed and so will not travel as high up on the other side.
The force at which it is released, if the pendulum is pushed it shall have gained more speed than
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- The effect of weight on the terminal velocity of a paper hel...
- wind power
- Physics CourseWork - Terminal Velocity
- The factors which effect the speed of a falling object
- Investigate one factor which affects the time taken for a pa...
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.