- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
HSC Module-Blueprint of Life
- Essay length: 7593 words
- Submitted: 01/06/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
9.3 - Blueprint of Life:
1. Evidence of evolution suggests that the mechanisms of inheritance, accompanied by selection, allows change over many generations:
* Outline the impact on the evolution of plants and animals of:
* Changes in the physical conditions in the environment:
* Changes in the chemical condition in the environment:
* Competition for resources:
- Evolutionary theory states that all organisms have developed from previous organisms and that all living things have a common ancestor in some initial form of primitive life.
- It also states that all organisms are fundamentally similar because their basic chemistry was inherited from this very first organism.
- Changes in the Physical Environment:
* The Earth has continually changed since life first evolved.
* Various changes in sea levels, the splitting of the continents and great changes in climate are just some of the environmental changes that life on Earth have had to cope with, or become extinct.
* Changes in the environment force species to either die out, or survive and diversify.
* An Example - The Peppered Moth:
> Prior to the Industrial Revolution of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Humans as Organisms (view all)
- Biology notes
- The Biological and Psychological Impact of Smoking Cigarette...
- Biology Revision notes - Human Biology
- What is Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)?
- Factors Affecting the Development of Coronary Heart Disease.
- Premature Babies
- Genetic Diseases
- Human Circulatory System Revision Notes.
- The thyroid gland.
- Why is vaccination recommended if it can cause side effects?
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoey. University Student.