- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
I am going to find out how the surface area affects the rate of reaction by measuring the amount of gas produced and weight loss in a reaction between small/large pieces of Marble Chips (Calcium Carbonate) and Hydrochloric acid per every 30 seconds.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation report coursework on (Rates of Reactions), Investigation held
By Bhavesh makwana
Rates of Reaction
Reaction of limestone/ calcium carbonate
And hydrochloric acid.
In the investigation I am going to find out how the surface area affects the rate of reaction by measuring the amount of gas produced and weight loss in a reaction between small/large pieces of Marble Chips (Calcium Carbonate) and Hydrochloric acid per every 30 seconds.
The rate of reaction increases when the surface area of a solid reactant is increased. This happens because by increasing the surface area we are also increasing the rate of collisions between the particles. When there is more of the reactant to react with the reaction speeds up. Therefore, my hypothesis is: the reaction will be faster when using small chips, so the gas will be produced faster (the same amount of gas will be produced in all experiments).
* Conical flask
* Rubber ring
* Boiling tube
* Hydrochloride acid
* Delivery tube
* Measuring cylinder (50ml)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Patterns of Behaviour (view all)
- Effect Of Substrate Concentration On The Activity Of Catalas...
- In this certain investigation, I will investigate on how I c...
- Find out the effect of concentration on the reaction between...
- Investigation of the rate of reaction between Magnesium and ...
- A reaction between Hydrochloric Acid and Magnesium ribbon.
- Rate of Reaction - Formation of Sulfur
- Investigating how the concentration of acid affects the rate...
- Hypothesis - I am going to be examining how much energy is t...
- Investigating the rate of reaction between hydrochloric acid...
- History of the Periodic Table
""Zoey. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.